Please click on a specific department for more information about a service you're interested in:
Below are some of Snyder Solutions friendly reminders to help you save money and keep your plumbing HVAC, and gas system running effectively.
- Garbage Disposal - Make sure to dispose as much as you can in your trash can. A disposal is not designed to save space in your trash can. Be as easy on it as much as you can to ensure your disposal lasts as long as possible.
- Do not pour any grease down your drains.
- Once a year shut the power off to your water heater and drain it fully. Once it's fully drained, refill and turn back on. This can extend the life of your heater for several years.
- In the winter make sure your foundation vents are closed. This will help prevent your pipes from freezing.
Heating & Cooling:
- Replace your filters every 30 to 45 days.
- Pour bleach down the condensation trap once a year.
- If your system is not heating or cooling your house to the temperature your thermostat is set to, do not keep increasing (in heat mode) or decreasing (in cooling mode) the temperature on the thermostat. Instead turn your thermostat a degree below (in heat mode) or above (in cooling mode) to help the unit from running too hard. Please contact us if your house is not getting hot or cool enough for you.
- Make sure to have the carbon monoxide connector at every gas appliance or equipment inside your home. The batteries in these units need to be replaced every 6 months.
- Once the weather warms up, turn off the pilot flame on your gas logs.